- Peter Capaldi will most likely use his regular Scottish accent as the Doctor according to Moffat (he also stated this yesterday at the Edinburgh Festival).
- They've only briefly discussed the Twelfth Doctor's costume - Moffat stated that he knows little about costumes and that Matt Smith's costume was only decided very late in the process.
- After two young Doctors, David Tennant and Matt Smith, Moffat wanted the opposite of those Doctors.
- Capaldi will be a 'senior consultant who's secretly an undergraduate', and will be older and fiercer, much more like William Hartnell or Christopher Eccleston.
- Moffat said this of Clara's reaction: “Just as Clara’s learning to have a proper old crush on him, suddenly he’s Malcolm Tucker!”
- Despite Clara being aware of the concept of regeneration and having met or at least seen all eleven Doctors (including the Tenth Doctor and John Hurt's Doctor in the 50th anniversary special, Moffat has looking forward to Clara adapting to the 'completely different' Doctor.
- “I think the fun story will be – and we have the opportunity here – is this is what regeneration can do to you. He can be very, very different. People really love Jenna (Coleman), so we make the Doctor quite different.“
- Comparing the situation of series eight to the first season of Tom Baker's Fourth Doctor, Moffat said: “He’s really quite difficult to take at the beginning, and you’re very grateful that Sarah and the Brigadier are there to reassure you.”
Peter Capaldi will make his debut as the Twelfth Doctor on Christmas Day, at the end of the Christmas Special.