Peter Harness, writer of episodes of ITV's Wallander and the upcoming BBC adaptation of novel Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, will be writing one of the episodes that will compromise Block Four - the other episode of the fourth production block will be penned by Jamie Mathieson, writer of several episodes of fellow Who writer Toby Whithouse's Being Human and spin-off Becoming Human.
The episodes, filmed as Block Four, will begin filming at the start of May - presumably next week. The episodes will most likely be directed by Paul Wilmshurst, who will helm episodes 7 and 8 - the likely numbers of Block Four. Here's what the series looks like right now:
- Episode One - written by Steven Moffat (filming completed) - directed by Ben Wheatley
- Episode Two - written by Phil Ford (filming completed) - directed by Ben Wheatley
- Robots of Sherwood* - written by Mark Gatiss (filming in progress) - directed by Paul Murphy
- Listen - written by Steven Moffat (filming complete) - directed by Douglas Mackinnon
- Episode Five - written by Steve Thompson (filming complete) - directed by Douglas Mackinnon
- Episode Six - written by Gareth Roberts (filming in progress) - directed by Paul Murphy
- Kill the Moon* - written by Jamie Matheson/Peter Harness* directed by Paul Wilmshurst
- Mummy on the Orient Express* - written by Jamie Matheson/Peter Harness* - directed by Paul Wilmshurst
- Flatline* - writer and director TBC
- Episodes Ten-Twelve/Thirteen
Doctor Who series 8 will air in autumn.
*Information with an asterisk (*) next to it is rumour or guesswork - it is not yet confirmed.
[Source: Doctor Who TV]