The special had 6.34 million viewers on average and a share of 27.5% of the overall TV audience. That's just under two million down on last year, but notably coincides with an extremely weak day overall for ratings.
Doctor Who was seventh for the day:
- Mrs Brown's Boys - 7.61 million
- EastEnders - 7.55 million
- Strictly Come Dancing - 6.98 million
- Call the Midwife - 6.83 million
- Miranda - 6.67 million
- Coronation Street - 6.62 million
- Doctor Who - 6.34 million
- Downton Abbey - 5.84 million
- Emmerdale - 5.71 million
- The Queen - 5.71 million
The consolidated viewing figures will be released next week.