The cover is a retro throwback to the very first issue back in the 1970s, replicating the iconic cover featuring Tom Baker with Peter Capaldi's Twelfth Doctor.
Inside, there's interviews with Peter Capaldi, Steven Moffat and Tom Baker, alongside a whole host of other features. Here's the official rundown from DWM themselves of the magazine's features:
- EXCLUSIVE interviews with: the current Doctor, Peter Capaldi; the Fourth Doctor, Tom Baker; and showrunner, Steven Moffat, about the future of the show.
- A message to readers from new companion Pearl Mackie
- A letter from the Doctor
- Peter Capaldi answers questions once put to William Hartnell
- The biggest-ever comic strip the magazine has ever published: a glorious 20-page adventure, illustrated by a host of returning artists from Doctor Who Magazine’s past
- An in-depth feature on the story that fans voted the best Doctor Who story of all time: the 2013 50th Anniversary Special, The Day of the Doctor.
- An article celebrating the most memorable moments from 500 issues of Doctor Who Magazine
- A look at how Doctor Who might have returned to TV in 2001, as imagined by award-winning writer Mark Gatiss
- Competitions to win HUGE prizes, including over £500 of DVDs and Blu-rays!
- Plus News, Reviews, Coming Soon, Wotcha and LOTS of surprises!
|The magazine's sleeve cover|
- An additional 116-page magazine, charting the history of magazine and containing images of every single cover, from issue 1 to the present day, with a fascinating commentary from the magazine’s past editors and designers
- A sticker sheet featuring memorable images from DWM’s 500 issues
- A double-sided A1 poster
- The first in a series of nine collectable art cards
The bumper 500th issue of Doctor Who Magazine will be on sale this Thursday (26th May), and will cost £9.99.
[Source: The Doctor Who Site]